Monday, January 2, 2012

Seizui - The Opening

I'd dearly love to thank all of you for your wonderful response, support, and feed back regarding 'Seizui' - the exhibition in the Long Gallery at Montsalvat which ran through the month of August.

The opening evening was over and beyond my expectation with around one hundred in attendance. A warm and heartfelt thank you to Rob Hauser, the CEO at Montsalvat and Shane Pugh from the Dunmoochin Foundation for your warm opening words.



                                                          (Photos : Amanda Gibson)



Here is an excerpt from Shane Pugh's speech,

.... "Good art to me is a medium that gives me room to bring my imagination, memories and fantasy's too. Nerina's artworks are very evocative. I am inspired by these delightful artworks.
The Haiku poetry / of few words, expressing so much for the imagination of the reader to play with. Nerina's artwork is a reflection of her passion and skill in creating Haiku in a visual medium, for you to bring your imagination to.
Nerina is asking you to feel your response to her imagery; she has created beautiful images stories, full of symbolism colour and texture.
Nerina's skill with metallic's and mediums give enhancement depth and perspective to her visual stories.
Nerina's work is delightful and inspirational. Nerina's personality and approach to her art is absolutely genuine. Her work comes through her passion, imagination and quest of life.
I find her work very accessible, I enjoy where the images take me, the poetry adds another dimension to my visual journey.As a director of, and on behalf of the Dunmoochin Foundation, where Nerina is currently an artist in residence, I commend her dedication to her arts practice, her participation and co-ordination of the Open Studio's program and her community arts participation. It is artists like nerina that fulfil the Foundation's purpose as evidenced in her artwork"

Shane Pugh



And thank you yet again to the lovely Jeanette Davison has also written up a lovely blog article in ISIIAD regarding the exhibition. In her post titled, 'The Essence of Nerina' she spent several hours interviewing me with regards to the exhibition and my creative process in the studio.The following is a small excerpt from her blog. (text and photography by Jeanette Davison)


Click on the image to read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment